My 3years old daughter Nyla been eating too much snack I think. She had like chocolate muffin, I heard chocolate is good for you, but this muffin chocolate too sweet, and I know too much sweet is not good. Pop-corn, without butter and salt I think is ok. Crackers, it has salt, pretty salty, and too much isn’t good either. Apples is different, it’s the best snack there are for everyone :). How do I prevent too much sweet for kids? simple: hide them, don’t let them see it in plain site 🙂 If I’m with them all the time, I would schedule a every 2 hours snack time, 4 hours meal time, get them used to it. Let them run free.